"Creating order, simplify with tech and challenging the customer is truly inspiring."
Meet Emma Berglund, digital customer experience expert
september 14, 2020
”My very first summer job was at Telia in 1994, and although I’ve had the privilege of working in many different positions since then, I have stayed true to the telecom industry all this time”, says Emma Berglund. She works as a project manager and consultant in digital customer experience at Telia.
When Emma finished her master’s degree in international economics, it seemed logical to start working at a finance department. But already a few months in, she realized that she wanted to work closer to the customer. And she’s been doing that ever since. On her resume, she has roles as project manager, technical sales support, customer responsible salesman and marketing manager.
«My various roles have given me valuable know-how for working with customer experience online and digitization as I do today», says Emma Berglund who, together with her colleagues, helps customers get the most out of The ACE platform.
A standout feature of Emma’s area of work is that much is new and still unexplored. Many organizations want to take advantage of the latest technology that enables self-service, robotic conversations and smarter solutions to make information available. But for the introduction of new tech to be successful, you need to see the bigger picture.
– I hold a lot of different trainings and workshops. Everything from how to build and train a chatbot and write good dialogues, to structuring your content in ACE Knowledge to make it as relevant and easily accessible as possible. Another important part of my work is to help our customers set up new management models and train staff for the new roles that are added during the transformation journey.
To succeed with the digitization of the customer experience, you need to challenge old ways of working. That involves testing, evaluating and testing again and is a process that can produce unexpected results.
– To get ahead, you need to let go of old models and dare to test new ones, and during that process I am there as a sounding board for our customers. They feel safe to test themselves and play with ideas when they know that I’m just a phone call away.
A win for the customer as well as for the agent
A typical objective for launching a chatbot is to ease the pressure on customer service by letting the bot answer routine questions and offer self-service. This means that agents can put more effort into handling complex cases and upselling. But the digital tools also introduce new creative tasks such as producing content for the knowledge database and training and analyzing chatbots.
– Our customers normally see that the number of incoming contacts to customer service decreases significantly when they implement our solutions in a well-considered manner. In addition to the measurable results, it also makes me happy to see how the agents grow in their roles, with new tools and skills. It feels very inspiring to be involved and contribute to someone getting a more rewarding workday.
Dårlig tid? Artikkelen på 5 sekunder
- Emma Berglund is one of our skilled consultants who helps customers adapt and configure our platform to their specific needs
- The chatbot is one of her areas of expertise. It has the potential to make both customers and agents happy
- The «human» side of things with roles, workflows and management is just as important as having the right technology
Did you like this?
Make sure to subscribe to the ACE blog and we will email you when there is new content.